If you want to buy Denis Interchangeable Needles here‘s what you will get
The Denise kit contains:
- 10 needle tips ranging from US #5 – #15 (mm 3.75 – mm 10)
- Several cables in various lengths: 9″, 13″, 16″, 20″, 30″, 34″
- 2 connectors, so you can further adjust the length of your cables,
- 2 end caps, so you can use the cables as stitch holders or as straight needles, and a well organized case.
- There are also much longer cables and extra large needle tips available separately.
The Knit Picks set comes with:
- Tips sizes #4 – 11
- 4 cables: 2 of 24″ and 2 at 32″
- 1 Knitting Needle Case with 6 Knitting Needle Pockets (2 single, 2 double, 2 triple), 8 End Caps and 2 Cable Keys
Let’s take a look on details about the pros and cons of Denise interchangeable needles. If you want to use Denise interchangeable needles you will enjoy a good range of needles from size 5 to 15; the cable joins are smooth and sturdy, they won’t snag or come apart; needles are very light and comfortable to work with; cables can be joined for a variety of cable lengths; and the needles are labelled with sizes for easy pairing.
If there are good things about this needle set, some people reported that there are smaller ranges of sizes than some other products, though larger needles may be ordered separately; the joins are not always smooth; and light-colored needles width size stamped on them is difficult to read.
Interestingly, Denise system was created by the original designers of the Needlemaster, Lorraine and Roberr Linstead. They weren’t completely happy with the Needlemaster, particularly the tendency for the points to come untwisted from the cables, so they developed the special locking mechanism that is used on the Denise needles. The locking mechanism that joins the needles to the cable is much more secure than the screw-in interchangeable method.
The needles are now sold by Linda Krag and family, and are available at many yarn shops around the world as well as online.
You can now try to use Denise Interchangeable needle set and see how this works for you.